Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Happy

Good morning, my friend :)

Today is awesome!

Kaylah, Valen, Jane, and Nate are sleeping.  In that order, according to where they are located, counterclockwise.  I'm sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee.  Kaylah is in my bed, Valen and Jane are on the couch, and Nate is in Valen's room.

I have 7 candles lit, and 3 of the window blinds are open so that I can see the snow and ice outside :)  Everything is beautiful, and I feel wonderful!

Kaylah's alarm will go off at 7:30.  She's going to call about her doctor's appointment at 10:00.

It is 4:45 a.m. (Eva Time) right now ;)  That means you are just waking up :)

I'm looking forward to our phone call.  We still have all day today, as well as tomorrow morning, before 11:00 a.m. (Sonia Time).  I'm sure the perfect Eva-Sonia-Phone-Call-Time will present itself soon!  I will text you at precisely that time :)

Everyone here at my house went to bed a little after midnight.  Last night?  This morning?  Time?

I did sleep.  I'm not worried about counting the minutes.  I'm enjoying some very peaceful quiet time right now, surrounded by people I love.

Today's weather forecast:  (32 / 0) * (Snow Showers / Wind) * (60%) * (~ 1 inch)

Nate was hoping for a Winter Wonderland ;)

So, for some strange reason, I am actually at peace with the fact that today's events will be partially unplanned.

I hope Kaylah's doctor's appointment goes well.  As soon as we know if they can fit her into today's schedule, then all 5 of us will pile into my little white spaceship.  Jane will drive.  Kaylah is going to the same doctor's office where Jane goes for her hormones.  They are supposed to do the initial blood tests today.  Starting hormone levels.  And then...  We wait for Kaylah's first prescriptions :)  She is excited!

The pizza place where we'd like to go for lunch should open at 11:30.  Asheville is freaking out about the snow and ice, though, so we will definitely call first!

Kaylah has to be at work by 3:45 today.  She's driving back here Friday morning, after work, and meeting Valen, Jane, and Nate at the hospital.

Valen is excited about buying a toy at the hospital gift shop on Friday.  He is absolutely loving all the visitors and attention!  He will be in very good hands during my surgery and recovery.  Knowing that fact is the best fucking feeling in the entire universe!  Comfort, reassurance, safety, peace, love, security, a sense of calm.  How can I possibly describe it?

And knowing that you and Kaylah will help Jane with Valen...  If...  Let's just say, "If."  Well, that truly puts me fully at ease.

I am not going to work on my will today.  I trust Jane to take care of any legal documentation that would need to be done.  I trust you.  I trust Kaylah.  All 3 of you.  100-fucking-percent.  I love the 3 of you almost as much as I love my beautiful, perfect, wonderful, amazing little boy.  And even though Valen has the number one place in my heart, I want all 3 of you to know how very, very, very close you are, standing right there next to him!

I love you, Eva.  You are my best friend.  We are the biggest dorks in the world!  3 years of almost DAILY emails!  Who the fuck does that?!?  Why are we so damn awesome?

I am scared, but I am also optimistic that I will make it through this.

Misty said that all she thought about when she needed her surgery last year was:  "18 years.  Just give me 18 years.  For Ema."  And now she's asking for 18 more :)  For Baby M, who will be here on July 23, 2015.  I can't wait to meet that baby!

I am happy.  I'm excited.  I have been given the most incredible gift.

The first few days after the MRI were difficult, but honestly, as of last Saturday morning (Valentine's Day), I have been living in a state of pure bliss.  Euphoria.

I said good morning to Kaylah at exactly 7:30 on Saturday.  (Actually, I said, "Happy Valentine's Day!")  Then she came to see me a little after 9 a.m.  We had a perfect day :)  She slept over Saturday night, and then Jane brought her a cheeseburger Sunday morning.  Jane, Valen, and I met Misty and Ema for lunch on Sunday.  The most awesome, perfect lunch!  Monday was awesome!  Tuesday was awesome!  Today is awesome!

And guess what...

Your morning email has arrived!

When is your mom's birthday?  I love Brenna's paintings!  And I was highly amused by all the pictures you've been posting on facebook this week.  Gotta love the static-balloon-butt science experiments!  Bob Ross trees!  And, "
She says if there's no school at school we just have to have it at home
 — feeling amused."  I absolutely loved that one!

The sun is coming up :)  It's almost 7 a.m.

I love having 4 sleeping family members in my house.  25 minutes until alarm time ;)

I will talk to you soon!  I hope you have a wonderful day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment