Friday, January 3, 2014

Beauty Between the Lines

Remain in the present.  Be still.  Awaken your senses and fully experience the world around you.

Yes, it's good advice.  But isn't it also a little overwhelming?

Maybe moderation is key.  Halfway between zen and reality?

I do enjoy drifting in and out of those peaceful moments.  I love observing my son's joy and curiosity.  I live for good hikes, nature, sunshine.  The pretty things, art, design.

Then sometimes it's as if I fail to recognize these wonderful things.  Too many cloudy days, and I feel ruined.

Give me back my sun, my soil, some water -- river or ocean -- and I'm me again.

My hope is to stay strong, through any kind of weather.  I can always find the light, even in the distance.  I just need to slow down, breathe, and search again.



No comments:

Post a Comment