Monday, January 13, 2014

Sadness

Empathy is a bitch sometimes.  In any given moment, I generally have an all-too-clear sense of how others are feeling.  Problems start to arise when I begin taking on emotions from vicious, vindictive people who find entertainment in causing pain.  It would make sense to simply avoid these assholes, but what happens when you're related to them?

I'm better off hoping for some sort of extraterrestrial heritage.  It seems much more likely than accepting my life for what it is.  Or, what it has been.  Because I'm finally learning how to take ownership of my present life.  And certain people shouldn't be allowed any part of what is mine.

I will save my sadness for those who deserve to receive its purity and love.  I will learn how to calm my emotional response after being attacked.  I'll strengthen my instincts for self-preservation.

Or maybe I'll just cut myself free.  I don't belong in their world.  I like mine better anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment