Tuesday, January 7, 2014

My Ideal Life (Part 1)

I'm just getting started.  I need to write.  I need practice.  These blogs have been quick, mostly unedited, just to get them out there.

It could be months before I find my focus.  I want to see what's really inside of me before I start organizing thoughts and ideas.

I want to help people.  I'm interested in health and nutrition, with a side of art/beauty.  I'd like to make the concept of healthy living prettier.  Not stressful.  No yelling, no bootcamp, none of that crap.  Feeling at peace with your own body is beautiful.  Learning how to connect with your body.  How to heal.  Strengthen.  I could see myself creating a system that makes this easier for others.

I'd like to develop this idea.  I'd like to edit and rework some of my earlier blogs.  I'm confident that I'll figure out what I want to say.

I'm going to take a photography class this year.  (First we have to figure out where we'll be living, and then I can sign up for a class).  I'll bring my camera on hikes.  Taking pictures outside is easy.  I wish it was warm enough to go outside today.  It's so cold that they cancelled school!  (And no snow!  We thought we'd have an inch of snow on Monday, but nope.  Just subzero wind chills).

I'd love to make a living writing, taking pictures, and helping people live healthy, happy lives.  I'm realistic about the "happy" part, though.  I know I can't teach people how to be happy.  I'm not sure if I can even teach myself, but I am trying.  It's scary -- wondering if I can ever find a career doing what I love.

I might be happy as a teacher if I was able to find a school that supports my values.  But I haven't had much luck in my search.  And I'm worried that my personality isn't a good match with that career.  I am able to manage a classroom and supervise assistants, but the noise and chaos does tend to overwhelm me.  I should definitely read The Highly Sensitive Person.

I'm sure I can find a way to be true to myself while making a living.  I hope these blogs help me discover a suitable path.

2 comments:

  1. Happy is a choice but I like that you want to give people the tools to find happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny. I did question that part of the blog. Maybe I can teach people about happiness... That's an idea I'm working on, and will definitely rewrite. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete